- I lost my dad to Fox News: How a generation was captured by thrashing hysteria http://t.co/n9L5esMaBu via @Salon, Mar 3
- @DarcyConlin Just *slightly* blown out of proportion... Besides-why be the keymaster when you can be the gatekeeper! http://t.co/2drsELEiVq, Mar 2
- RT @YourScituate: Scituate's Quarterdeck to close after 45 years http://t.co/pOa7xQTDsF, Mar 1
- 5 of 5 stars to Demon by John Varley http://t.co/TkN1t1dOZF, Mar 1
- 3/4? 7/16? 12/8? A Slate Investigation Into the Time Signature of The... http://t.co/0Szw6oK6H2 via @slate, Feb 27
Last.fm Recently PlayedjarnotView My Profile6217 plays since June 30 2003Demon CleanerKyuss13 hours agoSpace CadetKyuss13 hours ago100 (Degrees)Kyuss13 hours ago
- Dictionary Domains January 30, 2014Portland's own Justin Thiele reboots a project I started 13 years ago
- Forgotify January 30, 2014listen to the 4 million songs on Spotify that haven't been played once
- Catalog of Snowden Revelations January 30, 2014This looks to be very good. Add that to these three indexes of NSA source material, and these two s... […]
- Real-time face substitution in the browser January 22, 2014be Bieber, Kim, or Cage
- Ultra Mad Men January 13, 2014
- Dictionary Domains January 30, 2014
Category Archives: Amusements
ClarusX is a system utility that allows you to change the Mac OS X Mavericks page setup and print dialog icons (aka “boring guy”) to various dogcattle.
Long live Clarus. Moof!
Redditor furyasd‘s thoughts after lifting for the first time in a year:
I had similar thoughts last week when I started up again.
To access it via Siri on iOS7, simply ask “Search Wolfram for Snorelax” (or whatever Pokémon you care about).
My (now teenage) sons would have loved this if only it had been released 5 years ago.
These may be the most iconic tighty-whiteys in television.
Breaking Bad begins its run with Walter White wearing this pair of briefs. Throughout the series, Bryan Cranston’s character appears in tighty-whiteys. This underwear, now on display at the Museum of Moving Images, is the pair Walt wore on the first episode of the Emmy-winning show.
Walt’s tighty-whiteys are an iconic, key part of Breaking Bad. They will remain at the museum until the exhibit is over, and will be shipped after Oct. 27, when the exhibit ends.
They are important enough to be in a museum, and will be a treasured addition to any collection.
Dear Hollywood Wax Museum,
I recently visited your Los Angeles location and was exceptionally disappointed with what I saw.
ODE TO A SHIPPING LABEL
Once there was a little o,
with an accent on top like só.
It started out as UTF8,
(universal since ’98),
but the program only knew latin1,
and changed little ó to “Ä³” for fun.
A second program saw the “Ä³”
and said “I know HTML entity!”
So “Ä³” was smartened to “&ATILDE;&SUP3;”
and passed on through happily.
Another program saw the tangle
(more precisely, ampersands to mangle)
and thus the humble “&TILDE;&SUP3;”
IBM scientists Wednesday unveiled what they called "the world’s smallest movie," which tracks the movement of atoms magnified 100 million times.
The film, "A Boy and His Atom," depicts a character named Atom who befriends a single atom and follows him on a journey of dancing and bouncing that helps explain the science behind data storage.
"Capturing, positioning and shaping atoms to create an original motion picture on the atomic-level is a precise science and entirely novel," said Andreas Heinrich, a scientist at IBM Research.