- RT @ProgMagazineUK: Here's Rick Wakeman's highly amusing acceptance speech for the Live Event award at this year's Prog Awards... http://t.co/McDKuQXihz, Sep 18
- RT @scituatemariner: 20 winners, ages 7 to 14, can win a chance play soccer with the New England Revolution at Gillette. Enter by 9/26 http://t.co/jpVN1xcKWR, Sep 18
- Love this song/video - Cardiacs, “As Cold As Can Be in an English Sea” https://t.co/ONJpBXViUS, Sep 18
- RT @arstechnica: iOS 8 over-the-air updates are rolling out now http://t.co/oMa4cY9kZS by @AndrewWrites, Sep 17
- @apbeecher Supposedly “Good Kids” with Ashley Judd http://t.co/iFkJ0I1pDt, Sep 16
Last.fm Recently PlayedjarnotView My Profile6807 plays since June 30 2003BluebirdPaul McCartney & Wings2 days agoJetPaul McCartney & Wings2 days agoBand on the RunPaul McCartney & Wings2 days ago
- Mike Bostock's Visualizing Algorithms June 30, 2014I'd seen several of these on Mike's bl.ocks, but this ties it all together [via]
- Slack plays Pokemon June 28, 2014I've fallen in love with Slack, but that shouldn't be too surprising
- "BOB" FIFTY-SIX June 28, 2014Newspaper Discovery Sends Shock Waves Through Subgenius CommunityIvan Stang: "Actually I suspect tha...
- Wavepot June 18, 2014algorave in your browser; related: Yaxu livecodes music
- Calvin and Hobbes' Bill Watterson secretly returns to the comics page June 7, 2014start here
- Mike Bostock's Visualizing Algorithms June 30, 2014
Category Archives: Amusements
Just found this on the Internet Archive:
Finally, I’m able to share this gem with everyone! This was the first time anyone had seen The Far Side other than in book form and it aired on CBS on October 31, 1994. This is the first, and possibly only?, airing.
When I heard that it was available on VHS though the BBC, I was so excited! I bought it and mailed it to a friend who had it converted from PAL to NTSC for me. I was over the moon about the included Part II (which never aired in North America and I didn’t know existed)…but disappointed in Part I. Gary Larson tinkered with it for the video release (just like he tinkered with many old comics in The Complete Far Side…*sigh*) and I strongly disagreed with just about every change. To me, it totally ruined the mood! He even watered down the ending! (the ‘dead ranch’ sequence with added narration bugs me most, though) The later DVD version is, unsurprisingly, the same as the VHS. (reminds me of Star Wars OT vs. SE)
Needless to say, I’m SO glad my tape survived all these years! Quality is decent considering it’s sourced from an 18-year-old tape that my mother bought. Haha. I’m so glad I taped it in SP mode.
More info on the specials, including the changes made, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_From_the_Far_Side
ClarusX is a system utility that allows you to change the Mac OS X Mavericks page setup and print dialog icons (aka “boring guy”) to various dogcattle.
Long live Clarus. Moof!
Redditor furyasd‘s thoughts after lifting for the first time in a year:
I had similar thoughts last week when I started up again.
To access it via Siri on iOS7, simply ask “Search Wolfram for Snorelax” (or whatever Pokémon you care about).
My (now teenage) sons would have loved this if only it had been released 5 years ago.
These may be the most iconic tighty-whiteys in television.
Breaking Bad begins its run with Walter White wearing this pair of briefs. Throughout the series, Bryan Cranston’s character appears in tighty-whiteys. This underwear, now on display at the Museum of Moving Images, is the pair Walt wore on the first episode of the Emmy-winning show.
Walt’s tighty-whiteys are an iconic, key part of Breaking Bad. They will remain at the museum until the exhibit is over, and will be shipped after Oct. 27, when the exhibit ends.
They are important enough to be in a museum, and will be a treasured addition to any collection.
Dear Hollywood Wax Museum,
I recently visited your Los Angeles location and was exceptionally disappointed with what I saw.