My 2007 resolutions:
- Lose last of the fat – drop down to 170 lbs by March 1st (8 pounds to go!).
- More patience – don’t snap to judgment, let others finish a sentence before cutting in, don’t get angry if others are going slower.
- Stop yelling as much – goes hand-in-hand with “more patience”. Control the temper.
- Focus on the family – spend as much spare time as possible with the wife and kids. Don’t waste time in the man cave in front of a computer when you could be spending that time playing with the kids.
- Be the “better man” – use common courtesy as much as possible. Just because the other guy is a rude asshat doesn’t mean you need to be one too.
- Grow in my job/career – just because you have the title doesn’t mean you know what you’re doing all the time. Read more about CTO/CIO best practices and skills.
- Less TV – stop turning the TV on and the brain off when the work day is over. Spend the time reading and playing.
- Enjoy life – get the most out of life. Focus on happiness. At 40, life is most likely half over. Don’t let it pass you by while you’re in a haze.