Kite flying techniques in Pakistan seem to be a very different from where I grew up:
An 18-month-old girl’s throat was cut by a stray kite string while she was travelling with her parents on a motorbike, witnesses said, adding that she died on the spot.
Three people were electrocuted when metal wires they were using to fly or catch stray kites fell on live electric lines, and two people fell from roofs, hospital officials said.
A 12-year-old boy died while trying to catch a stray kite when he was hit by a car on a main road, police said.
More than 100 people had been reported injured since last night in various kite-related accidents, medical workers said.