(Well, more like 1 1/2 months…)
OK, so I’ve had an LG VX6000 camera phone for a while now. I use it daily as a cell phone, and almost as often as a camera and web browser. Here’s a list of pros and cons for anyone thinking of buying one.
- Small and light-weight.
- Clear reception.
- Easy to use.
- It’s great to always have a camera with you – you never know when you’ll need one.
- MSN web portal has links to many useful sites.
- Voice memo feature is handy, esp. if you’re forgetful like me.
- Ringer can use polyphonic MIDI files and converted WAVs (via QCP format).
- Camera only stores 20 photos.
- Photo quality is far from excellent.
- Photo quality is fuzzy.
- Strange “dark band” artifacts if insufficient light.
- Hard to determine what the camera will auto-focus on, esp. if subject is far away.
- Phone tends to drop connection a bit too often.
- Lack of good PC software for contact list maintenance, photo xfer, etc.
- No way to upload your own apps – everything must come from Verizon’s “Get It Now” service, and nothing is free.
- Battery life is too short – needs recharging daily.
- Stock poly ringers are OBNOXIOUS!
Overall I’d recommend this phone, but I’m sure something better will be out soon.