Kevin is currently employed as CTO at Micronotes, an AI-driven conversation-marketing company.
Other interesting facts about our webmaster:
- Early obsessions included Star Wars, making Super8 stop-motion movies, computers, listening to and performing music, American history, science fiction and fantasy books, video games. Yeah, he was (is) a bit of a geek.
- Spent two years (1985-86) playing keyboards in a band called Facade which played the Western New York club circuit. Highlights included opening for Run-DMC (the year they released “Walk This Way”), Orchestral Manouevers in the Dark (OMD), and the Bodeans.
- Nominated Best Rock Keyboardist in the 1986 Western New York Music Awards. Facade was also nominated Best New Group.
- Was questioned by the Secret Service while in college, ultimately “released” and told by an agent that he was a credit to his country. It’s a long, funny story…and no, he did not make threats to any politicians…
- Most classical liberal (libertarian) politics. Not all, but definitely most. That being said, he doesn’t own a gun, he thinks Ayn Rand was a bit wacky and he doesn’t run around calling Liberals “Socialists”.
- Books: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Politics. P.J. O’Rourke, Neal Stephenson (“Zodiak” through “Cryptonomicom” – “Quicksilver” sucked), Bill Bryson, Cory Doctorow, Terry Pratchett, (some) China Mieville, John Varley, Tom Wolfe, Stephen King, Christopher Moore, Matt Ruff.
- Computers: Mac über alles. To a lesser extent, Linux/UNIX, and certain aspects of Windows. Perl, Java, C#. Wants to like XSLT much more, but is still coming to terms with the syntax.
- Music: Progressive, psyche, and generally well written rock music; Electronic and ambient music written and performed by groups that have real talent (e.g. TD, Jarre, Eno and Boards of Canada); Complex classical (mostly baroque); Jazz that’s not overly pretentious; good classic R&B and Funk; strangely enough, the album “The Fragile” by Nine Inch Nails – one of the best albums ever. King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, Tangerine Dream, ELP, Jean-Michel Jarre, Yes, Pre-1980 Genesis, Djam Karet, middle-period Rush, Max Webster, Pink Floyd from 1973-1985, Marillion, Allan Holdsworth.
- Chinese, Thai, Indian, Cambodian, French cuisine.
- Playing with his kids.
- Movies: Godfather I and II, The Right Stuff, Goodfellas (as well as most Scorsese films), Brazil, Fight Club, Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Blade Runner, Tarantino’s movies, Moonstruck, This is Spinal Tap, the collected works of John Hughes, the Coen Brothers, just about anything with De Niro prior to 1996.
- Weightlifting and working out. He’s addicted and works out weekly with a trainer. He just wishes he could lose the protective layer of fat that covers his rippling muscles. Damn genetic traits…
- Dunkin Donuts coffee.
Why this site exists…
This site is a place for Kevin to post interesting (or not so interesting) stuff — mostly computer related. All content posted on this site is copyrighted by Kevin unless otherwise stated, and you may not redistribute anypart of it without prior permission.
The views expressed on this website/weblog are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.